We provide the following services:
- Advice on all sections of the Mental Health Act including Sections 2, 3, Community Treatment Orders, Guardianship, Sections 37, 37/41, 47, 47/49 and Conditional Discharge;
- Advice on patient’s rights and treatment;
- Advice and representation of the Nearest Relative;
- Advice and assistance at CPA (Care Programme Approach) meetings;
- Advice on appealing to the Hospital Managers and Mental Health Review Tribunal;
- Representation at the Hospital Managers Hearing and Mental Health Review Tribunal for patients and Nearest Relatives.
We have been awarded a Legal Aid contract from the Legal Aid Agency which means that the government may pay for your legal costs. All representation at tribunal hearings is non-means tested. Whether or not you receive legal aid funding depends on the circumstances of your case so it’s important that you discuss your matter with an experienced legal aid solicitor. We can assess and advise as to whether an individual is entitled to free legal advice.
Every case is different come and see us at our office, give us a call, email or text and we can discuss things with you.
Contact an experienced, accredited mental health solicitor at Cambrian Mental Health Law, to find out more about our services.